Wednesday 6 March 2013

House Rules by Chloe Neill

Title - House Rules
Author - Chloe Neill
Genre - Paranormal, Humour
Source - Own, paperback
Publisher - Gollancz
Synopsis - In a city full of vampires, trouble never sleeps.

At the tender age of 27, Merit became a sword-wielding vampire. Since then, she’s become the protector of her House, watched Chicago nearly burn to the ground, and seen her Master fall and rise. Now she’ll see her mettle—and her metal —tested like never before.

It started with two . . . Two rogues vanishing without a trace. Someone is targeting Chicago’s vampires, and anyone could be next. With their house in peril, Merit and her Master, the centuries old Ethan Sullivan, must race to stop the disappearances. But as they untangle a web of secret alliances and ancient evils, they realize their foe is more familiar, and more powerful, than they could have ever imagined.



I've loved this series since book one. And even though I still find it weird, vampire's being political, I still continue to pre-order this series no matter what. Two reason's. Ethan and the Wolf Prophecy. 

In the last book Biting Cold, Cadogan House had decided to leave the GP. 

So already I was anticipating this to be the best book so far. And I was right. Book 7 had me laughing out loud, guessing who the bad guy was and wondering how Cadogan House was going to survive. 

Survive they did. Even though Ms Neill left the leaving ceremony till the end, the murders and Red Guard plot was in no way disappointing. And the faeries! I thought they were trustworthy and instead they turned out to be back stabbing pieces of scum! I really hope Cadogan House gets it's revenge and they learn there lesson. 

As for the Red Guard. I had no idea that Ethan would learn about Merits side job. That alone made me so happy. The fact that she didn't lie. I'm so proud. Ethan's reaction wasn't what I expected but...men. What can you do?

As for solving the murders. Once again the gang was back. Jeff being more involved than normal and his excuse for wearing costumes... Yeah I believed that. *Snort* Chloe Neill is crazy good at keeping me guessing. I had no idea who the killer was until he walked out the room. He wasn't even on my watch list. I can't tell you how disappointed I was in myself for not guessing. 

One thing that annoys me about this series. I still don't know anymore about the prophecy that Gabriel predicted in the earlier books. I've been patiently waiting but in every book it's just a recap. Of course I have my suspicions. Especially after this book but still... It's getting ridiculous now. 

5/5 - This book gave me the same feeling book one did when I first read it. It's renewed my love for the series and I CANNOT wait for book 8. 

Image and Synopsis via Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment