Monday 26 August 2013

Dead Sexy Dragon by Lolita Lopez


Title - Dead Sexy Dragon
Author - Lolita Lopez
Genre - Fantasy, Romance, Adult
Source - NetGalley
Synopsis - The last thing dragon shifter Stig Wyvern needs is his dead friend's kid sister showing up on his doorstep, especially since he's just minutes away from entering a mating phase. Sharing his isolated house with the young woman he's desperately lusted after for quite some time is a recipe for disaster.

But Cora Cardenas has nowhere else to go. She's in deep trouble with some really nasty people and Stig is the only one who can protect her. That he's deliciously sexy and makes her tingle with the simplest of smiles is an added bonus.

Cora quickly realizes Stig is hiding something from her. To make matters worse, she's plagued with breathtakingly naughty dreams starring a shadowed lover who bears a startling resemblance to her host. And what the hell is going on in the basement at night?
Stig needs to get Cora out of his house but his inner beast has other ideas. He's found his mate and she's not going anywhere.


A huge disappointment.

I saw the word DRAGON in capital, bold letters and nothing else mattered. I just had to read this book. I should have taken into account what the rest of the cover looked like... I mean I did notice the word 'Sexy' and the shirtless guy but the word 'DRAGON' ruled all. 

I was kind of excited when this arrived on my kindle. Yes I knew the chances of it being X-Rated were high but I really wanted to read about Dragons. Especially shape-shifting Dragons. 

This story is a novella, and I felt it too. Not because it finished so fast, it did, but I couldn't help but feel like the author concentrated more with the romantic plot line rather than the bad-guy plot. I felt like things could have gotten a lot deeper in regards to the bad guys and for Cora's background but everything felt so rushed. 

I am extremely sad to report that the Dragon shifting part disappointed me. I LOVED the idea of a cave under a house, unfortunately my dreams of it being huge were absolutely dashed when Stig was able to travel through his house in dragon form. I don't mean to be mean, but a small sized dragon? Maybe a shape-shifting fire breathing dragon fly might be a better description. 

If you think you want to read this book because of the Dragon's, don't get your hopes up. If anything have exceedingly low expectations and it might be OK. If you want to read this because of the romance... go for it. But I have to be honest. I didn't really feel like they were soul mates. Just two strangers with benefits. 

0.5/5 Could have been awesome if coitus hadn't been the main point of the novella. Won't be checking out the rest of the series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment